Saturday, December 31, 2005

Could you please help me, I have just start my genealogy research and I want to list the place of birt, marriage, and death properly. What is the proper format to list the event? I am using > "city, province, country". Like > "Alliston, Ontario, Canada. Should I use the Township, County, and subdivision to make it easier for researchers to read eg > "Alliston, Tecumseth Township, Simcoe County, Ontario, Canada? Is the Canada necessary?

Each genealogist has their own preference and the proper format is the one that fits you best. Some just use the City, Province while others prefer to be specific and use the City, Township, County, Province. Choosing to use the Country is your choice, it's not necessary unless you want it to be. BUT if you plan on sharing your research it's best to be as specific as possible so there are no doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a better answer or further advice? Post a comment!