Friday, May 7, 2004

I would like to obtain a copy of my deceased grandfathers birth certificate. He was born in London, Ontario in 1912 before emigrating to UK. Can i do this and who do i contact.

Births that occurred less than 92 years ago are protected under the Privacy Act and can only be obtained by next-of-kin or the executor of the estate (proof required). Births that occurred 92+ years ago are available on microfilm worldwide through LDS Family History Centres, online images are available through an Ancestry subscription. Please see the Birth Records page on this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a better answer or further advice? Post a comment!