Wednesday, September 16, 1998

I know that my great grandmother was from a chippewa tribe in Ontario. How would I go about finding which one?

[From Cathy] You should apply to the Indian and Northern Affairs Canada government department. They have a registry of all native Canadians which they are now updating. For more information about this service, please contact the IRS CIS project Sponsor at (819) 994-0951 or the IRS CIS Project Communication Leader at (819) 953-7846 or via e-mail at You can also go to this web page for more information:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a better answer or further advice? Post a comment!